FACTS About LIFESAVE Foundation
What Does LSF Do ?
LSF Takes care of Various Projects related to
- Cancer Care
- Child Education
- Underprivileged Elderly People
- Mentally Physically Challenged
- Research and Events
- Disaster Relief
When was LSF Started ?
LSF started work 5 Years ago.
LIFESAVE Foundation is a registered non-governmental organization that was started by a group of young professionals including doctors, engineers, scientists and businessmen who are passionate about various causes and believed they could make a difference to the lives of underprivileged people through their collaborative efforts. After working in various capacities across different organizations, they realized that their efforts were not seeping down to the grassroots levels of society for a sustainable and continued benefit to the underprivileged people. Thus, with hopes of making a significant difference to the world around us, together they decided to unite to form LIFESAVE Foundation.
Does LSF receive government funding?
As an NGO (non-government organisation), we do not receive any direct government funding allowing us to remain independent, making unbiased evaluations of government policies and programmes. The government has also extended certain tax and duty exemptions to us, enabling us minimize costs such as 80G Tax Exemption.
In that case, how does LSF raise resources?
LSF raises the valuable resources we need for our work through:
- Corporate and institutional donations
How does LSF choose the projects it supports?
Our selection process is based on the values of trust, transparency, partnership and accountability. LSF’s Development Support division works closely with partners to understand their needs, ensure resources are optimally used through regular budgeting and reporting systems aided by Chartered Accountants.
How does LSF cover its own costs?
- LSF’s organizational costs comprise:
- Raising donations
- Selecting, monitoring, evaluating and providing capacity building inputs to projects
- Creating public awareness on our Various Projects
- Support activities like administration, human resources, communication, information technology and financial management.
- Designing paper products such as greeting cards, stationery etc.
- Office equipment, furniture, travel, courier services, information technology support, media and advertising are some of the areas in which we receive free or discounted services from corporate partners as well as donations in cash and kind, wherever possible. Exemptions from duties also help reduce our costs. Income from corpus investments and other funds are also used to cover expenses.
In How much time will i get my 80G ?
Within 15 Working Days.
How can i be sure that my money is reaching the cause ?
LSF is as transparent as possible.We encourage all doners to be an active participant in the work that we do. Regular updated are provided via the website and also by mail about the project you choose to support. We also motivate our doners to get involved in the projects and spend physical time their as well. Other then a minimal administration cost of 10% , The entire money is used for the project that you support.The best way to know if the money is reaching the cause is to actually visit our projects and see the causes we support.